Monday, July 17, 2017

MAC Cosmetics Fruity Juicy Product Review*






What's fruity? And all so juicy? The NEW MAC Cosmetics Fruity Juicy Collection, that's what! When this collection hit MAC counters, I was immediately drawn in by the bright and vivid colours of the packaging and the bright array of colours that this collection has to offer. There were lipsticks, powders, eyeshadows, bronzers... and so on that was released and I have two to review for you today - the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte Face Colour and the Fruity Juicy Love in the Glades Eyeshadow Palette

Now's lets be honest with ourselves here, this collection may or may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely my cup of "thy". I absolutely adore the vibrancy and the Summery and fruity theme that MAC Cosmetics has created with this collection. It definitely deserves an applause for its uniqueness and creativity in the packaging department.

Although it is Winter here in Australia, this collection has certainly chased away the dark clouds and lit up my day.



You definitely get those tropical, summer, "I'm sitting on a Hawaiian beach" vibe from it.

Now, let's talk business! And by business, I mean what matters here - quality!

Speaking on my personal experience only and with the products that I have tried and own - MAC has not fallen short with the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte Face Colour and the Fruity Juicy Love in the Glades Eyeshadow Palette. They are just amazing in every way - pigmentation, creaminess, colour, blendability... the whole sha-bang!

Love in the Glades Eyeshadow Palette x 6 ($67 AUD)


This palette is extremely different to my other palette and has pushed me completely out of my comfort zone and I'm not hating it! Away from my usual warm tones, this palettes consists of soft green tones with the neutral silvers and greys on the left. The shades are based on the green from the forest but honestly, it reminds more of the ocean green that you get on a tropical island, where the water reflects its colours off the encircle of trees on the land. That beautiful green that brings serenity yet excitement when you look at it.

What I like about this palette is that the pans are decently sized, there's a hard sleek metal-like case and there's a mirror, which is something that I can always appreciate and is something that MAC Cosmetics never skimp out on.

Shades (from left to right): Grey Strokes, Cumulus, Bye Bye Banana, Palm Leaves, Neoprene Green, Russian Blue

In the palette, you get six shades to play with. What's nice about this palette is that the whole palette isn't all green, so you can rock the neutrals (on the left hand side) for those days where it doesn't call for colour. Then on the right side, you have the bright green shades that just beckons to be admired and used.


The shadows provided in this palette are extremely pigmented, blendable and everything you should expect from MAC Cosmetics. Nothing falls short on quality. However, what I can fault about this palette on is the ratio of matte to shimmer. Matte shades in my opinion are more handy to have in a palette and should at least have a 1:3 ratio in every palette. The only matte shade that is in this palette unfortunately is the last shade on the far right side - Russian Blue. Neoprene Green can be used as a substitution for a transition shade, but in certain lights, it doesn't sit right on the eyes.

Shade Descriptions 

  • Grey Strokes - a satin pale grey shade
    (great for inner corner highlight or some brow bone action)
  • Cumulus - a mid-tone frosty taupe-grey shade
    (definitely a beautiful all over lid shade or something to transition into Bye Bye Bahamas)
  • Bye Bye Bahamas - a  frosty brown-chocolate shade with a hint of grey in it
    (another beautiful all over lid shade - I would honestly wear this on its own. It's so beautiful!)
  • Palm Leaves - a satin bright ocean-green shade
    (The star of the show where you can add it on the centre of your lid boldly or into your crease as a subtle hint of colour)
  • Neoprene Green - a slightly semi-satin emerald shade
    (I would add this slightly above the crease as a hint of green to peek through)
  • Russian Blue - a deep matte grey-tone blue shade
    (The perfect partner to help deepened the outer parts of your eyes - or great to be used as a base for a smokey eye)
A beautiful palette for the most noble and courageous makeup junkie. 

Pearlmatte Face Powder ($51 AUD)


When I swatched this in-stores, I knew it had to be mine and I didn't care that I used the money for the bill to buy this. It was just beautiful. Like come on! Look at the incredible design that lies inside the compact like a "pearl" lying gracefully inside an oyster. There's different blends of colours in the compact is shapes of tropical flowers in the pan. Since it's laid this way, it makes it easy to customise what shade you'd like your cheek to have. But I can imagine it being harder has the pan would get smaller. 

This compact in itself, is also extremely very different to other products that I own. On the website, it does mentioned that it can be used as a blush and a highlighter (assuming it depends on your skintone). And here was where my dilemma started. My skintone had just laid in the middle where it was too light for me to be a blush and yet it was too dark for me to be a highlighter. I had a difficult time making it work and incorporating it into my makeup look. But nonetheless, I was determined to make it work and not waste my money and your girl has the solution for all other medium-skintoners out there! I had used it as a base for my highlighter, but on top of my bronzer and my blush. In other words, the transition "shade" that perfectly blended all my cheek products together that gave that beautiful radiance my skin loved. 

Shades (left to right): Combined, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Bronze

In the image above, I've swatched all the different parts of the powder compact, as well as included a swatch combining all the shades into one, so you can have a good idea of what colour it would be like. As you can see, by swirling the colours together, you get this beautiful radiant golden, peachy tone that is just stunning! Instantly, you can understand why MAC had included this product in the Fruity Juicy Collection. It just radiates SUMMER TIME! 


Now I can't speak for the other products in this collection, but I can definitely say how amazed I am with the Fruity Juicy Pearlmatte Face Colour and the Fruity Juicy Love in the Glades Eyeshadow Palette. The quality in these products are there, the colours are beautiful and the packaging is just gorgeous! This is definitely a collection you should check out for yourself! 

All these products can be found on the MAC Cosmetics website as well as in-stores. What's great about buying their products online is that they now offer afterpay! How amazing is that? If you used to think MAC Cosmetics was out of your budget, you won't be saying that now! You can take your time paying for the products you always wanted! 

If you've tried this product, or if this blog post has helped you in any way, let me know down in the comments! Love to hear from you! 


*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. However, one out of the two products was gifted to me as consideration for review. However, this post has not been compensated or compromised in any shape or manner. All thoughts and opinions are based on my personal experience with the brand and products. Everything mentioned in this post is 100% honest and genuine. All links used are for information purposes only and to help find information conveniently for readers. 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig